Manager, CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 959313BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 16, 2022
Job duties will include but are not limited to: supporting consumer press strategies for Franchise priorities and product launches, working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders on key kids’ audience initiatives; developing and executing campaigns that elevate marketing creative capabilities both internally and externally; identifying, managing and executing industry honors/recognitions; supporting executive and internal communications efforts. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, effective and organized communications executive with solid entertainment and marketing press contacts and substantial experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- Executing communications strategies that support Franchise priorities/products
- Supporting key pre-school and kids initiatives
- Working collaboratively with our Disney CreativeWorks team to elevate marketing creative
- Help manage division and executive communication efforts – identify and pitch relevant industry panels, lists and roundup stories.
- Prepare key messages and talking points
- Assist with internal communications outreach including employee messaging, forums and initiatives.
- Travel, as needed.
- Has excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with maturity and confidence in working with colleagues at all levels including executives.
- Can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, prioritize deadlines and effectively work through challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and a multi-tasking team player.
- Is willing to pitch in and help the team on all projects to meet critical deadlines.
- Is able to work independently but confident enough to ask for guidance and input when needed.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in communications/public relations or marketing, preferably with a studio, network, streaming service or a technology company.
- Strong writing experience with the ability to provide writing samples.
- Solid consumer entertainment and marketing/ad trade press contacts.
- Working knowledge of content distribution models including direct-to-consumer apps, broadcasting platforms, digital platforms and pay networks.
- Knowledge of the media, media relations experience and pitching.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Corporate communications experience.
- Kid’s communications/media experience would be a big plus!
- Expertise in branded content, marketing.
- Familiarity and knowledge of content distributed by Disney and an appreciation for the brand is a plus.
- BA or BS required, preferably with a degree or emphasis in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.