Manager, Content Advisement, RISEApply NowApply Later Job ID 822575BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 24, 2022
As a Manager, Content Advisement in the RISE (Representation, Inclusion Strategies & Engagement) team, you will report to the Director, Content Advisement. You will join a team that provides creative notes and feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a film, from development and pre-production to marketing and distribution, ensuring representation, eradicating stereotypes and tropes, and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities.
Culturally advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure our content is culturally accurate, authentic, inclusive, and devoid of stereotypes and tropes. Guide partners to evaluate opportunities across the spectrum of representation and act as a resource.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, RISE Team, Content Advisement, project manage the implementation of technology solutions to streamline the content advisement framework.
- Implement a process, led by the Director, Content Advisement, to continuously engage with key consultants and community partners.
- Oversee management of third-party consultants who advise on content, consumer strategy, and more.
- Partner with Internal Planning Franchise Management to manage global franchise strategies across Studio businesses and ensure alignment between The Walt Disney Company and Studio efforts.
- Build strong creative and business relationships across our Studios and brands: Marvel Studios, 20th Century Studio, and Searchlight Pictures.
- Collaborate with Studio Communications and Human Resources on an ongoing communication strategy to reinforce Studio’s DEI story.
- Identify and guide studio social responsibility and community engagement efforts in partnership with marketing.
- 4+ years of work experience, with project management experience, production experience and / or cultural consulting experience.
- Keen understanding of the creative filmmaking process and ability to provide creative feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a film, from development and pre-production to marketing and distribution, ensuring representation and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with superior project management and collaboration skills.
- A track record of positive and productive relationships with a variety of industry experts across dimensions of identity.
- Strong external/industry network of DEI resources to leverage in educating team and advancing work.
- Understands structural and systemic inclusion and equity work and how to drive long-lasting change and business ownership.
- Comfortable in a conceptual environment and has demonstrated experience to translate vision into action.
- Experience with content or business development strategies for key consumer groups including women, Latinx/o/a, Black and African Americans, Asian American and Pacific Islanders, Native/Indigenous community, people with disabilities, LGBQT+, and others.
- A passion for diversity, equality, and inclusion
- BA/BS Degree or Comparable Work Experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.