Manager, Content & Information SecurityApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10008361 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Jul. 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Description:The Walt Disney Studios creates iconic, innovative, and award-winning content from Lucasfilm, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Walt Disney Animation, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, and Walt Disney Pictures. The Content Security team supports these studios in protecting storytelling through effective problem-solving, authentic partnerships, and technical expertise. Our team drives towards goals that include: a. fostering a culture of content security b. eliminating the risk of content leaks and c. tailoring security solutions to meet our partners’ needs.
Are you passionate about addressing complex challenges and developing pragmatic solutions? Would you take pride in knowing that millions are enjoying new content that you helped to guide and protect? We have an exciting opportunity focused on operational excellence, stakeholder management, interdisciplinary collaboration, and ownership of analytical projects at the leading content creation powerhouse.
- Develop and maintain structured and sustainable approaches to securing the content creation and delivery process
- Contribute to time sensitive inquiries and investigations and leverage subject matter expertise on the team to gather information
- Partner cross-functionally across CS team to ensure identified gaps are proactively meaningfully addressed to mitigate risks
- Apply an analytical approach to ongoing operational improvements amid the evolving technical and business landscape
- Relentlessly pursue the current state of content workflows, with an eye toward identifying and remediating associated risks
- Establish symbiotic relationships with a variety of production divisions and business units responsible for Studio content
- Usher new titles through their creation and delivery phases with minimal disruption or risk
- Liaise with CS team subject matter experts across security ops, app & cloud security, vendor audit, policy and risk, and media security to ensure stakeholders are supported and informed
- Lead process improvement initiatives to analyze current state, identify risks and pain points, and collaboratively develop solutions
- Generate remediation action plans and partner with technical and process subject matter experts to reduce risks
- Coordinate with internal security partners as needed to address complex issues across lines of business
- 3-5 years of experience in content security, content operations, supply chain management, management consulting, IT security, or a related field
- Working knowledge of network and infrastructure security principles, along with best practices for implementing protective measures, monitoring, and logging
- Knowledge of terminology and processes associated with creative media production, licensing, and distribution
- Polished written communication skills to produce high-visibility executive-facing memos, presentation decks, and briefs
- Integrity and a desire to address critical business risks and issues
- A genuine passion for media and entertainment and a concern for the security of creative works
- Ability to embrace change and ambiguity in an evolving industry
- Ability to provide polished and timely support to internal partners
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the fields of computer science, industrial engineering, information security, business administration, film/television, communications, liberal arts, engineering, or related fields
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.