Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Content Protection Deal SupportApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688594BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
As a manager on the distribution deal support branch of the content protection group within the Studio, this position will focus upon the smooth facilitation of technical review during the licensing contract negotiation workflow. The position reports up to the Sr Manager, Content Protection, and will assist in supporting the global content protection team in their efforts to close licensing deals.
- Manager will act as a liaison between the Sales, Legal, and Technical teams to assist in the completion of licensing contracts.
- This position requires an absolute eye for detail with respect to the translation of technical capabilities into contractual requirements.
- This position will support the global content protection group, with focus on EMEA and North America.
- This position will coordinate the receipt and review of technical questionnaires from the licensees to further and complete the technology review workflow. This entails intake of forms, review of responses, and the return of questions or comments to partners.
- This position will be responsible for evaluating the submitted responses to technical questionnaires and discussing concerns over the technology with licensee partners and internal stakeholders.
- This position will prepare approval notes based on the conditions and assumptions established throughout the technology review process.
- This position will prepare Content Protection Schedules based on the approval notes and work closely with the various content protection Legal groups to reach agreements with the licensees.
- The manager in this position will be a part of the team who maintains detailed records within the distribution deals tracking system. Upkeep of these records will support content protection colleagues as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Manager will need to establish and maintain a strong network with technology partners and keep abreast of industry best practices related to distribution policies and content protection guidelines.
- A solid ability to communicate requirements and exceptions between various business and licensee groups.
- The ability to coordinate between multiple parties to meet deadlines and milestones established by the Sales teams.
- The ability to work semi-autonomously within the area of content protection, taking initiative to assist and support global counterparts.
- The drive to maintain an expansive understanding of internal content protection policies and guidelines, with the ability to translate policies into clear direction and requirements for our relevant stakeholders and licensee partners.
- A desire to research technologies and platforms with the objective of understanding how they impact the distribution and content security of Disney content.
- Superb communication skills, written, and oral and ability to negotiate technical issues with third parties
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to apply policy guidelines to new/unknown aspects of the business
- Strong organization and time management skills, plus an ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to make judgement calls based around legal, commercial, and technical information
- Fast, accurate, self-motivated learner with ability to question processes and procedures with respect to current or future applications.
- Interpersonal skills for liaison across all levels within the company including legal, commercial, and technical colleagues
- Ability to learn and retain new skills as required when supporting a continually changing technical environment
- Familiarity with digital distribution platforms (such as IPTV, cable, satellite, mobile) as well as streaming technologies for video (such as Adobe FMS, Smooth Streaming, Apple HLS, etc.)
- Familiarity with standard video content distribution and sales models
- Strong Understanding of DRM systems (such as Google Widevine, Apple Fairplay Streaming, Microsoft PlayReady, Verimatrix VCAS, etc.) and security protocols (like DTCP-IP, HDCP, pRTMP, UPnP, SSL, TLS etc.)
- College degree or professional certificates preferred, or equal and demonstrable career experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.