Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Corporate Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615796BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
A diversified, international family entertainment and media company whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment, including motion pictures and television shows, home video and DVD products, records, broadcast and cable networks, internet and direct marketing, consumer products, radio and television stations, theatrical productions and publishing activities.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Working closely with Finance leaders in both Corporate as well as across the Disney businesses, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the analysis of key financial plans for The Walt Disney Company, including annual operating and strategy plans, quarterly and annual earnings and cash flow forecasts, and business cases for all major capital projects. The team is also responsible for monitoring of segment/business unit operating performance, as well as executing special projects at the request of the CFO.
The Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team partners with Corporate Strategy to analyze and review the Company’s long-term plans for our various business operations, including a valuation analysis of each of the Company’s lines of business.
The group is also charged with developing presentations for Corporate senior leaders and the Board of Directors regarding the company’s financial performance, business trends and capital investment. In addition, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis works closely with our Investor Relations and Public Relations Departments with respect to our ongoing investor and financial communications.
Would you like to impact financial planning all the way up to the leadership and board of directors level? Are you passionate about bridging the gap between data and storytelling?
As a Manager, you’d use data to empower premier financial leaders so they make the best possible decisions. We want you to focus your strong communication skills on interpreting data and designing reports so the numbers come alive. Join us at Disney Corporate.
You’d join a dynamic team of financial planners and analysts whose job is to work directly with finance leaders, both at Corporate and across the Disney businesses, by providing insight across the Company.
Every single day as a Manager is different!
- Prepare dynamic messages for different audiences including corporate management and other high-level executives
- Perform and analyze quarterly, annual or 5-year segment operating plans:
- Monitor segment operating performance
- Support/engage segment finance teams, in addition to corporate functions such as Corporate Strategy, Investor Relations, and Treasury:
- Evaluate the Company’s long-term plan, including valuation analysis of different lines of business
- Support ongoing investor and financial communications
- Analyze cash flow forecasts and business cases for major capital projects
- Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis, including special projects at the request of the CFO
- Interact with extraordinary partners to whom we are dedicated
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Showcase your leadership and confidence on a large team
- Take advantage of “D Learn” opportunities
- Enjoy movie screenings, team building activities and regular lunch-and-learns
- Drive continuous improvement in the FP&A processes, leveraging internal partners
- Motivate, develop and manage a team of analysts
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in financial planning, strategic planning, investment banking and/or corporate finance is preferred
- Work experience within the entertainment industry is a plus
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Strong relationship building skills and highly client service oriented
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree (preferred in Finance, Business Administration or related field)
- MBA or CPA is preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.