Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Creative Film ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687114BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 02, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Creative Film Services is responsible for the post production and finishing of all creative audiovisual marketing materials for theatrically released live-action and animated films. We are the bridge between the Creative Advertising team and the Filmmakers. We assure that the creative marketing executive’s visions are fully realized without compromising the individual filmmakers vision so that our marketing materials maintain each filmmaker’s aesthetic. We also serve as a post production / finishing conduit through which many departments/divisions within the company come for assistance to finish their materials, obtain elements and to facilitate legal clearance. These special relationships are crucial to ensure that all materials seen by the public and high level executives meet the highest standards in audio and visual quality and are also legally cleared.
- Partners closely with the VP with the post production / finishing of worldwide audiovisual marketing materials
- Partner with Executive Director on finishing of all materials for Disney’s online service
- Identify new shots for all TV/ HD/ Online finishing materials
- Review quality of dialogue, ADR, sound design and graphics
- Approve TV mixes & conforms on-site with TV finishing vendors and third party agencies.
- Ensure compliance of all technical, legal, MPAA, and broadcast regulations for the US and Canada
- Approve Industry Standard Coding Identification (ISCI) memos and finishing instructions
- Liaise with various audiovisual agencies on audiovisual materials (trailers, tv spots, behind the scenes featurettes, online spots, viral videos, clips for publicity and online use, and internal presentation reels.
- Liaise with feature post supervisors, VFX teams, sound designers, DP, director, Disney studio executives, international offices, other Disney divisions, etc.
- Liaise with TV finishing agency and TV Media agency
- 5+ years of audiovisual post production / finishing experience required, preferably in marketing, managing multiple complex projects in high-speed creative and technical environment
- Experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers.
- Candidate must be extremely organized and have a great eye for detail. Great follow-up a must.
- Thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Okay with working extended hours and sometimes weekends.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Strong graphics design sense
- Ability to discern mix issues
- Strong eye for color
- Knowledge of all digital formats relating to picture and audio production
- Knowledge of all elements required for TV and Theatrical finishing
- Familiarity with music cue sheets and music clearance
- Familiarity with music and sound design libraries
- Familiarity with the concepts of intellectual property and copyright
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Preferably a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.