Manager, Current Programming (Freeform)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742223BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television, Freeform Date posted Jan. 22, 2020
Freeform seeks a qualified candidate for Manager, Current Programming. In this role, the person will represent the Network on assigned Current series.
- Implement the creative strategy as defined by the Head of Current
- Manage current programming responsibilities on existing shows, which involves but is not limited to: relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), reading scripts & giving notes on every episode, watching dailies & giving notes on every cut, partnering with casting and approving roles, ongoing staffing of writers and directors
- Interface with internal departments on all current series needs, including but not limited to: reviewing and approving social media content and promotional materials, identifying and championing possible PR/Marketing opportunities
- Seek direct feedback from Head of Current on work related priorities
- Collaborate with other departments and department heads as appropriate
- A minimum of 3 years of overall work experience, preferably within network or studio development and/or current programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Established creative and story development skills
- Knowledge of and interest in Freeform content and target demographic
- Self-motivated to develop new ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.