Manager Customer Information AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 786001BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 30, 2021
- Enrich enterprise data assets by acquiring, organizing and aggregating customer data from various sources to construct a full and accurate view of a customer’s interactions with the company for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns and analytics.
- Deliver customer data, data analysis support and customer data insights to businesses on as needed basis, including audience selection and segmentation services as well as email marketing campaign services.
- Establish global, company-wide standards and business policies for collection, sharing, use and retention of customer information, including standards for cross-business use, communication/targeting relevance and other brand-related controls.
- Own and operate enterprise-wide tools and capabilities, including the shared enterprise-wide customer/ marketing data environment and any company-wide customer-facing tools (e.g., customer preference and email permission centers)
Responsibilities:If you’re passionate about helping businesses leverage customer data for direct-to-consumer marketing and consumer insights and have a soft spot for the brands of the Walt Disney Company, we want to talk to you. As the Manager, Customer Information Analytics, you will work with internal and external marketing groups across the Walt Disney Family of Companies to understand and fulfill their customer data needs using the company’s enterprise customer data platform. You will collaborate on projects to acquire new data, including evaluating the quality, consistency, organization, volume and utility of customer data used to drive customer acquisition, customer retention and personalization initiatives. You’ll be responsible for refining and creating new customer data solutions, including franchise, content and product affinity indicators based on analysis of customer transactions, website/app interactions, login activity, marketing campaign responses and other customer data. You will also be responsible for defining, coding (using SQL), scheduling, running and maintaining manual as well as automated data processing jobs transforming raw source data sets into structured and standardized formats for use by internal marketing and business partners. You will produce ad hoc reports based on business and leaderships needs by constructing analytical queries using SQL, providing insights into recent customer transactions, cross-line-of business engagement, and other key performance indicators.
- Maintain processing jobs transforming raw interaction data into summary flags, including updating, testing and releasing new SQL code to production to capture new franchise interaction data and other customer attrbibute data. Ensure franchise and other attribute data is updated weekly and available for use by marketing stakeholders. In collaboration with leadership, identify opportunities for automation and execute technical requirements.
- Lead data onboarding projects in collaboration with technology partners, including analysis and evaluation of source data as well as documentation of source data taxonomy and data transformation requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic.
- Fulfill ad hoc customer analysis and data extracts requests
- Total of 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in data analysis, business intelligence or data science roles during which both technical and management capability have been clearly demonstrated.
- Intermediate level SQL expertise, experience writing SQL queries against large data sets.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, business intelligence tools, reporting, analytical environments
- Extensive expertise and knowledge in how data assets are used in marketing, consumer strategy, reporting, analytical functions.
- Experience with large scale, multi-terabyte level data solutions supporting direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Expertise in understanding business needs and working with non-technical marketers
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers; equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- Experience partnering with technology teams on large scale customer data warehouses and tools a plus
- Experience and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes including, regression, predictive modeling and forecasting
- Experience with project management, agile development, and strategic roadmap planning.
- Experience with Python, and/or other analytical tools.
- Experience with Snowflake and data lake architectures.
Required Education4-year bachelor’s degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Bachelor of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.
Preferred EducationMaster's degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Master of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.