Manager, Data Integration Services
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 678588BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 21/06/2019
The Manager, Data Integration Services is a technologist, passionate about operating and delivering enterprise-class services. This is a leadership role, requiring a commitment to operational excellence, service management and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, strong relationships skills, application development expertise and the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally. This role will provide day to day management and oversight of the technologies / services supporting the EBS Enterprise Data Hub and supporting systems. This architecture includes:
- Cloud-based Pub-Sub
- Cloud-based Datafabric
- Cloud and on-premise WebMethods
- Master Data Management
- Managing team members and vendors to deliver 24 x 7 platform technical support, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of critical business data
- Overseeing all operational aspects of the platform, including: Availability, performance, capacity, currency, scalability, resiliency, security, compliance and licensing
- Operating high-performance, highly scalable and flexible, cost-effective data integration platform solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Providing quality and timely resolution of platform defects/ problems & enhancement requests through the management of the application development lifecycle.
- Running an agile-based request management workflow, focused on maximizing velocity, improving quality and reducing backlog.
- Partnering with Business & Solution Architects to identify opportunities for improved customer service, increased agility and availability.
- Working with multiple vendor/partners to deliver existing services against Key Performance Indicators, managing performance against contractual terms and identifying new / rationalizing existing services.
- Ensuring Service Operations, Knowledge Management, Continuous Improvement, Service Level & Availability Management are operationalized across the team.
- Developing and guiding direct reports by providing career path conversations and mentoring, helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans.
- 5+ years successfully leading an enterprise data integration team with significant experience interconnecting Financial systems
- 3+ year managing WebMethods and at least one of the following:
- Google Pub-Sub
- Informatica ETL
- Informatica MDM
- 3+ years managing Cloud / hybrid solutions
- 3+ years managing outsourced solution providers, including contract negotiations, on-going operations and performance management
- Must have extensive knowledge of WebMethods
- Must have extensive skills in systems integration (File, Message, DB, etc), and demonstrated abilities to troubleshoot within complex systems
- Must have practitioner-level skills in agile application development.
- Must have practitioner-level skills in Service Management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Must have experience in Application / Service Performance Management
- Experience with big data platforms, enterprise data warehouses, data modeling, reporting & analytics
- Require the following certifications:
- MBA or Masters in a technical field would be beneficial
- Experience with leading cloud-based integration solutions: Dell Boomi, Amazon SNS, etc
- ServiceNow expertise is highly desirable
- NewRelic expertise is highly desirable
- ITIL Expert
- Certified Scrum Professional
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field
Preferred EducationMBA or Masters in a technical field would be beneficial
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.