Manager, Data Integration Services
Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 803881BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Application Support and Operations group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automation.
Responsibilities:We look to add team members who are focused on delivery, passionate about customer service, make data-driven decisions, are life-long learners, and prefer to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
The Manager, Data Integration Services is a technologist, passionate about operating and delivering enterprise-class services. This is a leadership role, requiring a commitment to operational excellence, service management and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, strong relationships skills, application development expertise and the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally. This role will provide day to day management and oversight of the technologies / services supporting the EBS Enterprise Data Hub and supporting systems. This architecture includes:
- Cloud-based Pub-Sub
- Cloud-based Datafabric
- Cloud and on-premise WebMethods
- Master Data Management
- Data Quality
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing team members and vendors to deliver 24 x 7 platform technical support, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of critical business data
- Overseeing all operational aspects of the platform, including: Availability, performance, capacity, currency, scalability, resiliency, security, compliance and licensing
- Operating high-performance, highly scalable and flexible, cost-effective data integration platform solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Providing quality and timely resolution of platform defects/ problems & enhancement requests through the management of the application development lifecycle.
- Running an agile-based request management workflow, focused on maximizing velocity, improving quality and reducing backlog.
- Partnering with Business & Solution Architects to identify opportunities for improved customer service, increased agility and availability.
- Working with multiple vendor/partners to deliver existing services against Key Performance Indicators, managing performance against contractual terms and identifying new / rationalizing existing services.
- Ensuring Service Operations, Knowledge Management, Continuous Improvement, Service Level & Availability Management are operationalized across the team.
- Developing and guiding direct reports by providing career path conversations and mentoring, helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans.
Basic Qualifications:Leadership Skills:
- A self-starter, who is capable of navigating a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management.
- Ability to establish some executive and many manager level relationships across the various business and technology providers within TWDC.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- A person that can decide and act within the policies and guidelines and seeks guidance from leadership for areas of differentiation.
- A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver against the Product roadmap ensuring the desired outcomes are tied to business needs.
- Technical acumen and experience in sustaining business technology that integrate global business systems including: Finance, HR, Characters and Property. Practical application of processes and technologies that manage global systems processes including integration with up/downstream systems.
- A “working IT manager” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams.
- Equally comfortable with senior manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to managing people and detail.
- Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, and support) to get projects initiated and completed.
- Ability to influence a significant transformation in the business technology platforms.
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to agile application development principles and ability to lead a team of support analysts in the development of capability roadmaps.
- Extensive knowledge the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed.
- A practitioner of the Service Management and Agile Development principles and can effectively proceed through review boards and other activities.
- 5+ years successfully leading an enterprise data integration team with significant experience interconnecting Financial systems
- 3+ year managing WebMethods and at least one of the following:
- Google Pub-Sub
- Informatica ETL
- Informatica MDM
- Informatica DQ
- 3+ years managing Cloud / hybrid solutions
- 3+ years managing outsourced solution providers, including contract negotiations, on-going operations and performance management
- Experience with big data platforms, enterprise data warehouses, data modeling, reporting & analytics
- Extensive knowledge of webmethods
- Extensive skills in systems integration (File, Message, DB, etc), and demonstrated abilities to troubleshoot within complex systems
- Practitioner-level skills in agile application development.
- Practitioner-level skills in Service Management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in Application / Service Performance Management
- Experience with leading cloud-based integration solutions: Dell Boomi, Amazon SNS, etc
- ServiceNow expertise is highly desirable
- NewRelic expertise is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field
- ITIL Practitioner/Intermediate
- Certified ScrumMaster
- MBA or Masters in a technical field would be beneficial
- ITIL Expert
- Certified ScrumProfessional
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.