Manager, Development (DISNEY JUNIOR)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 852727BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
- Provide and compile notes on all written and visual development materials such as bibles, scripts, character and background art, etc.
- Field pitches and book submissions to ID potential new series for development.
- Read writing submissions to ID and recommend talent for development and/or series staffing.
- Build strong relationships by interfacing with departments in the organization including music, consumer products and casting.
- Manage and assemble research testing materials for the series
- Once a series is greenlit, they will help to staff the series by identifying key talent for the series and having meetings.
- Coordinate with development production and visual development teams.
- Attend voiceover recordings and post production sessions, as needed.
- Create internal presentations as needed.
- Maintain project status update document tracking the progress of series in production.
- Forge relationships with managers, agents and all levels of talent (from script coordinator to executive producers and writers), which would include taking General Meetings.
- Taking outside pitches and determining if they are right for development, presenting projects of interest to VPs along with recommendations.
- Works with and directs department Assistants and Coordinators to ensure that the department documents (i.e. weekly reports, one-sheets, series overviews, etc) are maintained in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Co-managing the intern selection process program
- Keep up to date on what is going on in the animation/entertainment industry.
- Special Projects assigned
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in television and/or feature film development and/or current series production
- Knowledge of target audience helpful
- Time management and organizational skills
- Clear-thinking, straightforward approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preference of 5 years of experience of progressive TV development
- Experience in animation and/or children’s television
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in media, film or theatre or relevant professional experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.