Manager, Distribution OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 845803BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 01, 2021
The Manager, Distribution Operations leads a team of Title Managers that coordinate the creation of archival, servicing, and localization assets used to service clients across all media types. The Manager, is also the direct contact with Disney Production entities. Working to align business needs and resolve title delivery issues.
- Responsible for ensuring vendors are meeting Disney metrics and course correcting when issues are identified.
- Reviewing and approving invoicing.
- The role will oversee the delivery process of episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, trailers, artwork, and metadata to various digital platforms globally.
- Some of the key day-to-day tasks will include managing & developing team (P-level employees), leading important launches/projects, and identifying and resolving technical/operational/organizational problems.
- The role should be capable of proposing an innovative solution to problems to senior executive team.
- The role will lead the team to perform extensive research across all inventories, systems, and tools LTS uses for servicing operations.
- The role will lead the team that oversees content delivery to Tier 0 clients (global platforms), Tier 1 clients (domestic platforms), and Tier 2 clients (local/territory platforms).
- To be able to adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- To be able to provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and customers.
- The role should have extensive experience partnering with stakeholders at all levels in an organization while prioritizing varying expectations.
- The role will collaborate with Technology teams to define tool requirements/enhancements to help scale our workflows.
- To be able to identify and manage risks, perform root cause analysis, recommend remediation plans, and oversee execution/implementation.
- To be able to manage suppliers’ performance by controlling key metrics that have direct impact on the success of LTS Servicing org.
- The role will guide the team to perform complex level localization for foreign language dub audio and subtitles.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively complex related experience in the digital distribution space
- Minimum of 3 years of managing a team of Professional level employees.
Required EducationHigh School Diploma
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.