Manager, Distribution OpsApply NowApply Later Job ID 964793BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Will oversee the delivery process of episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, trailers, artwork, and metadata to various digital platforms globally.
- Should be capable of proposing an innovative solution to problems to senior executive team.
- Will lead the team to perform extensive research across all inventories, systems, and tools LTS uses for servicing operations.
- Will lead the team that oversees content delivery to Tier 0 clients (global platforms), Tier 1 clients (domestic platforms), and Tier 2 clients (local/territory platforms).
- Should have extensive experience partnering with stakeholders at all levels in an organization while prioritizing varying expectations.
- Will be managing a team of Professional level employees.
- Will collaborate with Technology teams to define tool requirements/enhancements to help scale our workflows.
- Will guide the team to perform complex level localization for foreign language dub audio and subtitles.
- Expected to have in-depth understanding of servicing supply chain within own specialty: End-to-End servicing concepts, Lean Six Sigma theories and practices, and ZORRO principles.
- Some of the key day-to-day tasks will include managing & developing team (P-level employees), leading important launches/projects, and identifying and resolving technical/operational/organizational problems
- Able to identify and manage risks, perform root cause analysis, recommend remediation plans, and oversee execution/implementation.
- Able to manage suppliers’ performance by controlling key metrics that have direct impact on the success of LTS Servicing org.
- Able to adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Able to provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and customers.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements proactively.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and technologies.
- Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
- Deep understanding on A/V technical formats including IMF, UHD, HDR, Dolby-Vision, ATMOS and pro-res as well as localization requirement for dub and sub assets internationally.
- Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
- 7+ years of progressively complex related experience in the digital distribution space and 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years post production, servicing and localization workflows, asset management and client/vendor management experience.
- Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital Distribution specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables and quality metrics.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.