Manager, Diversity & InclusionApply NowApply Later Job ID 763525BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 23, 2020
Diversity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the market place, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity and Inclusion team serves the Corporate segment, leading the development of D&I business strategy, partnering with leadership across functions, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The Manager, D&I People, reports to the Sr. Manager, Talent & Development Solutions for The Walt Disney Company, and serves as a strategic partner to the Corporate Talent & Development Solutions and People Insights Teams. This role will introduce best practices to attract, retain and develop diverse talent across lines of business, helping Disney become a leader in the art and science of “uncovering talent.”
- Define and operationalize a Diversity & Inclusion strategy across Corporate
- Partner with Corporate Leaders and HR Business Partners to define and drive Diversity & Inclusion action plans at the function level
- Provide advisory to Corporate employee resources groups to guide them in delivering impactful, relevant, and measurable activations
- Mobilize and manage Corporate HR D&I Taskforce composed of HR Business Partners, Employee Relations, People Insights, and Communications
- Provide insights to problem solve, design and deliver strategic, segment-wide solutions and partner with relevant stakeholders across TWDC on enterprise-wide initiatives
- Study the talent management system(s) across the full employee lifecycle to identify opportunities for bias mitigation and ensure a lens of inclusion is applied to all talent programs and initiatives
- Steer the development and maintenance of data and insights needed to properly assess our progress
- Recommend talent attraction, onboarding, learning, and retention strategies for diverse talent segments
- Maintain a high level of understanding and knowledge of both HR and Organizational strategies across Corporate functions, and remain curious in industry trends that impact The Walt Disney Company as a whole
- Ensures business units have access to the right analytics and insights at the right time, and understand how to best leverage those insights to drive relevant and impactful D&I offerings
- Share best practices to support the development of an inclusive environment across the enterprise
- Analyze metrics and data to determine strategic approach to priorities
- Partner with stakeholders in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis, benchmarking and opportunity identification
- Develop toolkits, learning offerings and coaching for talent leaders to build and retain diverse and inclusive teams
- Build D&I acumen across Corporate HR team to equip HR Business Partners to coach leaders on the ground
- Operationalize enterprise-wide focused priorities, such as sponsorship programs for a particular population
- Identify ways to mine for talent from untapped and unexpected sources
- Enhance enterprise insight about what remedies are most effective to advance inclusion
- Ensure global perspective is embedded in all efforts
- To be successful, this leader needs to have four core characteristics:
- A keen mind for analysis
- Deep understanding of what drives business cultures, employee experiences, and a sense of belonging in the workplace and not afraid to elevate new, bold ideas and challenge norms
- A natural orientation to collaboration, with inherent understanding about when to lead and when to support
- The ability to garner trust from stakeholders at all levels
- While experience in D&I is a must, experience in Change Management / Consulting, HR or related area is preferred.
- Detail and goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize regularly in an ever-changing environment; exceptional project manager
- Consultative mindset that drives with curiosity; approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners, in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency
- Strong client-service orientation and the ability to build credibility and relationships
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach
- A unique combination of analytic and strategic analysis capabilities to leverage research and set measurable goals
- Superior cognitive ability; ability to simplify complex situations and make sound judgments
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, written and oral; compelling storyteller
- Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the market place
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.