Manager, DP&AApply NowApply Later Job ID 844049BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Responsibilities:Provide the rights availabilities and support licensing of all content to DTC services in Europe, Asia, and Rest of World:
- Manage a “flex” team that provides accurate and timely availability of all content (long form feature films, DTC originals, episodic content, promos, bonus, interstitials, etc.) for our DTC services, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets. Territory responsibilities will shift depending on launch and programming deadlines.
- Ensure holdbacks are properly applied per Senior Management and/or Territory specific guidelines.
- Manage a “flex” team that supports TWDC’s Sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to Canadian AVOD and SVOD clients, and to Global SVOD clients, both pre-sale and post-sale. Account and Territory responsibilities will shift depending on deal and management priorities.
- Oversee the provision of accurate and timely availability of all content (films & series) for third party licensing, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
- Provide robust deal analysis and content valuation (e.g., financial counters, comps) for all such deals, in collaboration with internal stakeholders in each territory.
- Prepare deal and negotiation summaries for senior executive decision support.
- Administer and manage all such deals in the rights management system; manage all post-entry workstreams, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, preparing invoice backups, asset delivery, etc.
- Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for Burbank senior management, audits, finance.
- Track options, deal expirations.
- Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
- Create analysis and presentation materials for ad hoc strategy projects (e.g., alternative distribution strategies, new business models, senior executive and client requests).
- Work with finance and planning on ultimates, annual operating plans, and long range plan presentations.
- Partner with research and insights team to track market trends to support the content licensing business.
- Minimum 5 years in the media & entertainment industry
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience with media distribution
- Deep experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
- Skilled at creating presentations and communicating complex analysis to senior leaders
- Strong facility with contractual, interpretation and analysis
- Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
- Some experience in international media distribution
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.