Manager, Educational Resource Group (Disney Branded Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 993977BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jun. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Branded Television is looking for an Educational Resource Group Manager to see the implementation of educational preschool content for Disney Junior Original Programming, leading the Storybook Program, and contributing to educational and DEI initiatives across Disney Branded Television.
Review outlines, scripts, storybooks, animation, and other material as it relates to the communication of educational goals for Disney Junior Series in current production, ensuring that content is developmentally appropriate for our preschool audience
Moderate focus groups of preschoolers on a weekly basis for Storybook Program
Write school study reports based on feedback gathered at Storybook Program, along with summative reports for stakeholder consideration
Assist in maintaining partnership with Disney Junior Creative executives, production teams, and internal stakeholders
Assist in creation of curriculum guides and pro-social outreach plans for each Disney Junior Series inclusive of educational goals and standards
- Understanding of the creative content process and ability to provide educational feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a Series, from development to distribution
- Knowledge and passion for early childhood education
- Experience engaging with kids in a research setting
- Awareness of children’s media industry and current education/entertainment trends
- Proven record of project management and developing strong professional relationships
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Prior experience providing educational feedback for children’s media
- Experience with DEI initiatives and/or reviewing content with a DEI lens is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Psychology, or relevant subject area
- Master’s degree highly recommended
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.