Manager, Employee RelationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 773796BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 09, 2021
This key role is responsible for assisting the DMED Employee Relations team with the establishment and management of employee relations activities according to established guidelines and Employee Relations best practices. The Manager of Employee Relations will support this new DMED segment by assisting in building the ER function for the new DMED segment and will also provide clients with ER expertise and services, including conducting investigations, advising on ER issues, interpreting policies and practices, and responding to Administrative Agency and Guideline complaints. This role requires a sophisticated and innovative ER professional, who is a self-starter, with strong writing, analytical and problem solving skills, and highly-skilled at managing investigations.
- Strong issue spotting and analytical skills to enable intake of ER issues and cases.
- Respond to employee concerns and complaints that violate Company policies by supporting the investigative team in conducting timely internal investigations independently or in conjunction with ER supervisors and HR Business Partners.
- Prepare written documentation of investigative findings and report out to stakeholders.
- Respond to Administrative Agency requests and charges
- Support the performance management process by providing general consultation, preparation of written warnings, performance improvement plans, coaching, key messaging and other related documents.
- Act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP), Legal, Labor Relations, Security, Management Audit and Advisory and Assurance and other partners.
- Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HR Business Partners and Legal to work through the established process and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
- Research and respond to HR Business Partners and employee inquiries regarding complex leave of absence scenarios (ability to analyze FMLA and other state leave laws).
- Oversee efforts to work with applicable partners and employees to support the medical accommodation process through coaching, documentation and applicable follow up.
- Partner with Learning & Development to enhance ER related training for managers/leaders and to provide key learning updates for HRBPs.
- Assist with upkeep of ER database.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize key insights gleaned from ER data and analytics.
- Strong ability to build relationships and partnerships to help establish ER department presence.
- Oversee and facilitate in-person in-house compliance, and other ER-related trainings.
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience, or 4 years in Employee Relations, or 3 years in legal practice required.
- In depth understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA & FMLA
- The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated consultative, credibility assessment and investigative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Bachelor's degree required with emphasis in Human Resources or Psychology preferred.
- JD strongly preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.