Manager, Engineering - Master Data Management
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 705314BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 22/11/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to movies, sports, news, and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The role is a part of the Data Solutions & Architecture group that falls under the Enterprise Business Systems organization, within Enterprise Technology. We are responsible for architecting, developing and managing the data platforms, data integrations and reporting and analytics solutions for The Walt Disney Company’s enterprise business data. We are experts at architecting and building highly-scalable and innovative data and analytics solutions that help enable the analytics and reporting strategies of the business groups across the company.
The Engineering Manager for Data Mastering is a key technology leadership role within the organization, responsible for managing master data management platforms and delivering data mastering solutions for TWDC by leading development projects and development teams.
- Lead development projects and project teams and delivers solutions related to master data management
- Be a technical owner and manager of master data management platforms
- Create and manage product roadmaps that helps set and lead technology strategy
- Be responsible for data security and compliance
- Build strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of business partners and stakeholders at multiple levels
- Build and manage high-performance and highly-motivated teams
- Manage and mentor team of direct reports by providing career path conversations and guidance, and helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing engineering teams and delivering technology solutions
- Strong technology background and applicable technology skills related to data, master data management and data governance
- Strong experience and proficiency with master data management platforms and solutions
- Experience and familiarity with current industry technologies in data and data mastering
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Experience with content and product data related to Media & Entertainment is preferred
- Experience with corporate business data domains (especially Finance and HR) is preferred
- BS Computer Science or related technology field
- MBA in addition to BS in Computer Science or related technology field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.