Manager, Enterprise Metadata ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 768734BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 12, 2020
As a part of this charter, CBM leads the Enterprise Metadata Services organization where we champion enterprise business data governance for the master and metadata around our Product and IP, our most valuable assets.
In this role the Manager will be leading core pillars within our Governance team. This includes aspects of:
- Program management: driving efficiency and effectiveness of the governance organization. The governance organization is charged with governing TWDC’s IP descriptive metadata.
- Product Management: Leading business requirements gathering and roadmap articulation for our managed products. Drive adoption and utilization, partnering with teams across the enterprise.
- Governance: focuses on actively leaving governance activities for TWDC data, in define systems and data domains. This includes leading a team of data librarians.
- Manage governance programs and projects of varying complexity and length
- Drive best in class program management to help enable the team to be effective and efficient and support the Director in developing prioritization schema
- Drive adoption and ensure use cases are met for products such as CTaM, CTaM ATG and CTaM Financials, with partners across function and level. Engage leaders
- Lead product management team in conducting requirements gathering, prioritize and refine requirements. Partner closely with technology teams to implement such as joining sprint calls as business lead, evaluating proposals, inputting into PARs, conducting UAT, defining success metrics.
- For CTaM Financials specifically:
- Partner to lead sharing of CTaM financials with business & technology partners, drive tool adoption
- Work across the company to ensure financials are captured in a way that aligns with CTaM financials
- Maintain tool and underlying data to support franchise, brand and product decision making across the enterprise and within Corporate Brand Management
- Manage team of data librarians, engaged in: data governance, taxonomy development, interinal client support, IP metadata research and strategic IP metadata ad hoc needs
- 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Project management skills and ability to lead multiple work streams and multiple projects
- Strong process orientation
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Passion for and understanding of TWDC stories, characters and products
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Lead people
- Experience with Data governance and/or MDM
- Ability to oversee products in the financials space
- Highly developed communication and collaboration skills.
- Resource integrator
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Required Education4-year degree or equivalent experience in Business, Engineering or other pertinent areas
Preferred EducationMaster’s in related field, MBA, MLIS is preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.