Manager, Finance – Addressable Ad SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 959781BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 14, 2022
The DMED business is seeking a Finance Manager, Addressable Ad Sales to join the team for Disney Streaming ad sales finance support focused on Disney+ and reporting to the Director of Finance. This individual works closely with Disney’s Ad Sales Revenue and Yield Management (RYM), Research, and Technology teams to deliver strategic, financial and operational goals of the business.
Responsibilities:The Manager will partner with the RYM, Research, Technology, Subscription Finance, and Controllership teams to prepare budgets, forecasts, and strategic financial plans. The role will also be responsible for providing recurring KPI reporting, which includes standing up a new set of KPIs and business processes. She/He will oversee the full funnel financial ad model for Disney+, Rate/Volume analysis, Forecast/Plan modeling, and tightly coordinate business planning across DMED’s streaming platforms (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+). She/He will lead analysis and insights into digital growth initiatives such as inventory optimization, pricing opportunities, and new product features.
This role relies heavily on a key understanding and working knowledge of the streaming ad sales business and how an ad supported Direct to Consumer product generates subscribers, inventory, and ultimately ad monetization. The ideal candidate will be able to easily navigate and clearly communicate between the ad sales, technology, and the financial organizations.
- Create and maintain streaming ad models from subscribers to inventory to ad monetization in support of monetization strategies to maximize yield for digital inventory on Disney+. As needed, management of 3p inventory shares and rev share costs. Responsible for financial scenario analysis, content monetization performance, and inventory insights.
- Manage the Monthly and Quarterly financial close deliverables. Including ad sales metrics, revenue performance, and variance commentary.
- Lead the Ad ARPU deliverables and analyses for DTC Finance and Investor Relations.
- Lead, manage, coach, and develop direct reports to drive long-range planning process (LRP), annual operating plan process (AOP), business planning, forecasting, reporting and variance analysis for all Disney+ components of digital ad revenue.
- Manage the day-to-day KPIs, inventory performance, inventory utilization, pricing, and revenue.
- Report weekly to the executive leadership with insightful commentary.
- Collaborate with RYM and Research in providing strategic recommendations for inventory and revenue mix optimizations.
- 5+ years in an FP&A role.
- Advanced Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index Match, Offset and Indirect).
- Intermediate data analytics, experience in SQL reporting, Snowflake, Tableau or similar tools.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems (primarily Business Objects, Google Ad Manager, Operative and Tableau).
- Experience in SAP, COGNOS, or similar financial reporting tool.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate micro details into a broader summary for different levels of management.
- Executive presence and outside-the-box thinking while working with a cross-section of stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to executive levels.
- Effective manager who leads by example and will mentor a team to meet strategic objectives.
- Experience in ad sales or media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Master’s degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.