Manager, Finance Transformation - SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 765821BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 22, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer & International (DTCI) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu -- alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Manager, Finance Transformation (DTCI) position will play a key role in coordinating and managing DTCI finance integration and transformation efforts contributing to the company’s Future of Finance vision. This individual will manage the transformation pillar for DTCI financial systems, helping to develop and implement the long-term financial systems strategic roadmap for the segment. Candidate will need to navigate the diverse set of systems inherited through the Fox acquisition, global footprint of the organization and necessity of timely, accurate financial data and metrics. As the growth engine for TWDC, DTCI is looking for an innovate thinker who can address short term systems issues while also contributing to the development of innovative long term best-in-class technology solutions. The role represents a unique opportunity to provide finance expertise and to interact with Finance and IT teams within the DTCI Segment, across the Enterprise and with senior Finance leaders.
- Responsible for the execution of the project management and timeline for the transformation pillar related to DTCI financial systems.
- This role will be responsible for pulling together executive presentations to review with senior leadership, including reporting out on project status, next steps, ect.
- This role will bring system expertise that will enable successful implementation of system transformation for DTCI Finance.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience
- An aptitude, interest and experience in financial systems selection and implementation
- Ability to work with a wide spectrum of people, ranging from executive to analyst level
- Strong communication skills to translate IT and technical concepts into layman’s terms
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail and ability to independently navigate complex issues
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with Cognos TM1, SAP and BW is a plus
- Knowledge of Fox and/or Disney legacy financial or accounting systems
- Streaming experience a plus
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- MBA or CPA preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.