Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688918BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jul. 12, 2019
Client groups range across teams such as Broadcast Operations to Music and Human Resources. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups with varying levels of financial acumen across WDT, Disney and with executive level partners. Position requires excellent systems, communication and time management skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
Responsibilities:Segment cost responsibilities include:
- Manage the execution, financial review, consolidation and presentation of departmental forecast, annual operating plans and long range plan for WDT executives
- Lead in the integration of legacy Fox centralized television costs into the Disney infrastructure
- Team across WDT lines of business, finance and accounting teams on special projects related to costs, allocations and optimization
- Function as primary point of contact for client stakeholders and ensure adequate support for each stakeholder group
- Engage with executives, lines of business and finance partners to provide business consultation and financial guidance that shapes client thinking and supports decision making processes
- Develop and manage professional staff
- Managing ongoing system upgrades and subsequent phases of existing project workstreams
- Lead system adoption and integration efforts across the expanded WDT portfolio of content, including FX, Nat Geo and TCFTV
- Liaison with, and foster collaboration among, external consultants, internal IT resources, and business unit leads
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization
- Prepare presentations and regular updates to project and executive leadership team on delivery progress, budget reports, and other reporting as required
- Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments
- Escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
- Facilitate adoption and change management by establishing better protocol for onboarding, training, communication and feedback
- Work with business units to develop reporting, new processes and financial models utilizing functionality of the solution
- Support both internal and external audit requests
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Cognos TM1, SAP and BW is a plus.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- MBA or CPA preferred
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.