Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694578BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 08, 2019
He / She will contribute to the decision-making process and strategic approach for the overall organization, helping to pitch business opportunities and presenting P&L statements to DMG Sr. Management and Studio Finance. There will be a good degree of ad hoc analysis and special project work required as well. Ad hoc analysis includes but not limited to data analytics for our catalogue, streaming, marketing, international or physical business. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools and the ability to effectively present business recommendations to key stakeholders. Critical analytical skills are required to identify profit and process improvement opportunities. Project management and change management will be expected.
- Partner with local and regional Finance teams to prepare and ensure timely submission of key deliverables for 5YP, AOP, and quarterly submissions.
- Present to Finance department management drafts of finance deliverables prior to submission to Studio, Corporate and regional management.
- Provide data / information requested by Legal Affairs in a timely manner to ensure finance aspects of Artist or License agreements are met.
- Proactively consult with subject matter experts for the resolution of issues/questions, share the information with team members.
- Manage and develop financial process efficiencies, share best practices, and ensure procedures are adequately documented for the team.
- Develop Financial models for various analysis requested by Corporate and for Management Reporting.
- Complete Ad Hoc Projects defining calculations, objectives, approach, value-added recommendations & deliverables.
- Analyze the implementation of effective & efficient procedures to control project/OH costs across Local and Regional operations.
- Take responsibility for and review professional development for 2 Senior Financial Analysts
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience, including at least 2 years as a Manager
- Excellent communication and leadership skillset with a constructive curiosity to drive change
- Strong problem solving, project management and time management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and creative environment
- Capacity to deeply understand and diplomatically navigate within company cultures
- Working knowledge in key accounting principles
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access, SAP. Intermediate to advanced Excel modeling skills required.
- Technical experience with mining data in systems such as SAP, Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Alteryx and Tableau
- Music / Entertainment experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.