Manager, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 742201BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
This position is a member of the DTCI segment FP&A team, which manages the overall planning, segment consolidation, and reporting process for each forecast, 5YP, and AOP. The team is responsible for interpreting and synthesizing data into meaningful analyses, reports, and presentations, enabling executive management to make actionable decisions. This team collaborates with stakeholders throughout various business units, and across segments both in the US and within International markets.
DTCI FP&A is seeking a Manager – FP&A to work closely with Disney’s Ad Sales, Technology and Marvel Finance teams to analyze and consolidate financial results of the various brands within the Digital Media portfolio (Disney-ABC, FX, National Geographic, Marvel Media, and Marvel Unlimited). He / she will partner with the respective operational teams to understand and elevate business risks and opportunities to senior management. Additionally, this role will support the overall DTCI segment consolidation of financials.
- Drive preparation of P&L forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans, including cause of change and KPI analysis across key stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders, operating groups and finance team members to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial planning process, assumptions and results.
- Interact and collaborate with internal business partners to remain informed of business challenges and issues that affect our business.
- Develop reporting for new business processes and analyze data to ensure efficient and accurate flow.
- Engage in ad-hoc analysis, including special projects at the request of senior management.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience focused on Media & Entertainment (e.g. Consulting, investment banking, strategic planning, financial analysis, or similar role)
- Previous operational experience / P&L management is a plus
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills and financial modeling skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a complex matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence / persuade others
- Ability to communicate complex ideas / data in an effective simple presentations
- Strong executive presence
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.