Manager, FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 779759BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
Reporting to the Director, this position will partner with other finance team members to support a brand-focused organization and own financial planning responsibility for films, episodic series and other content from our Studio production groups: Disney/Pixar Animation, LucasFilm, Marvel, Disney Live Action, 20th Century Studios and Hulu. This role will interface with business leaders within Marketing, the Studio and DMED. The responsibilities for this role may change in the coming months and interested candidates must be flexible as the organization evolves.
- Interface with all levels of management across Studio Content Marketing and DMED
- Manage preparation of the Burbank managed international marketing spend inputs to the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan and quarterly forecasts, including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Oversee the quarterly close process (e.g. accrual recommendations) for Burbank managed international marketing spend, working closely with studio controllership on variance to forecast analysis
- Primary finance contact on awards budgeting, working closely with the publicity team and on-site consultants to ensure award campaigns are properly funded and on budget
- Work closely with the all Burbank international marketing departments to ensure campaigns are properly funded and on budget across all studio titles
- Develop process of integrating international marketing budgets into Content Marketing Finance team reporting and management; includes coordination with DMED
- Key liaison with International planning teams, Searchlight Pictures finance and New Regency finance
- Analyze key drivers of marketing spend to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Work with functional leaders and other partners to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency across financial planning processes, tools and reporting
- Create ad-hoc financial models, analyses, reports and related presentation materials
- Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
- Possess ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Embrace working in a highly collaborative environment
- Independent and creative thinker
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
- Ability to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Ability to multi-task, work well with others in a fast paced environment and keep supervisor promptly informed
- Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools
- Strong knowledge of advanced Excel (including macros), PowerPoint, SAP and Cognos TM1
- Four to six years of similar business experience required
- Previous studio experience a plus
- BA/BS required
- CPA or MBA preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.