Manager, Financial AccountingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724140BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
The Manager, Financial Accounting reports to the Senior Manager, Segment Financial Reporting, and will have a primary emphasis in the WDT consolidation and reporting, primarily as related to 21CF.
This is a high profile team that works closely with senior executives across multiple segments. This position will help support the team responsible for financial performance and key drivers, including analyzing the cause of change versus forecast and prior year, and quarterly margin analysis. This position will also partner with segment accounting teams, segment planning teams, Enterprise Reporting, in addition to Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, and Corporate Compliance. The Manager will liaise with the 21CF Planning and Accounting teams and will take the lead on various projects related to the integration of the 21CF businesses into the WDT business. The Manager role will support new business development opportunities, cost saving initiatives, and help the team identify and implement process improvements. The position will make analytical presentations to various executives.
This position requires a professional that wants to lead, is highly motivated, and a self-starter. This individual must be able to develop professional relationships with various business partners, analyze and decipher finance/accounting data to accurately review the department’s reporting obligations. He/she must be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements. In addition, he/she must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity for a top finance/accounting professional to utilize their expertise in a challenging, rewarding and creative environment while gaining valuable experience in the entertainment industry, in a unique and highly visible role.
- Manage a team of 3: 1 Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, 1 Financial Analyst, and 1 Undergrad Associate
- Manage the quarterly close process by preparing, analyzing and presenting reporting of line of business and segment financial results to executive management
- Perform complex key analytics to present business results and key drivers to executive management
- Serve as a liaison between 21CF lines of businesses and WDT segment teams by providing support and guidance
- Liaise and partner with cross-functional teams, including Corporate Reporting, FP&A, Accounting, 21CF LOBs, for continuous process improvement in reporting, forecasting, business development, and other operational initiatives
- Provide guidance and lead ad hoc requests/special projects for lines of business, segment and other financial reporting initiatives
- Liaise with external auditors by providing requested PBC items and thoroughly responding to questions in support of the financial statement audit
- Lead efforts to integrate 21CF financials into WDT reporting structure and compliance environment.
- Streamline processes and challenge status quo to effectively report results to Segment and Enterprise Executive Management
- Motivate and build teams by assessing strengths and development areas, provide appropriate career development opportunities, and implement successful hiring and retention practices
- 5-7+ years of public or private accounting experience required
- Experience as a supervisor or leading team
- Strong technical accounting skills; knowledge of accounting theory and practices, of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player with a desire to excel in a demanding and fast paced detailed oriented environment
- Detail-oriented, proficient in reviewing work for accuracy, and able to manage multiple requests for various departments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including refined presentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- Negotiation skills and ability to prioritize projects effectively while keeping all stakeholders appropriately informed
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proficiency using Excel (pivot tables, Match Index, H-&V-lookups, etc.)
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate, and well-organized
- Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines
- Experience with a public accounting firm preferred (Big 4 background is a plus)
- Experience with SAP and COGNOS preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Accounting and Finance or equivalent)
- CPA strongly preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.