Manager, Financial Services - Corporate AlliancesApply NowApply Later Job ID 906632BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 08, 2022
The Customer Relationship Management team is responsible for creating and cultivating direct-to-consumer relationships with The Walt Disney Company’s most strategic customer segment. It does so by managing the Disney’s Co-branded credit card business which is both an operating unit as well as a cross-business unit loyalty program.
Responsibilities:US Co-Brand Card
- Lead recurring and ad hoc analysis related to the co-brand portfolio, framing up insights and recommendations to marketing leaders
- Analyze rewards program trends, including redemption rates and spend patterns
- Manage operational processes to ensure seamless Cardmember benefits delivery at all Disney locations
- Oversee from a business perspective any changes to the Disney Rewards program, including updates to T&Cs, operational policies, reporting, and business processes and analysis
- Serve as the internal source of knowledge on co-brand partner agreements, ensuring that key obligations are met in a timely manner and leading key compliance processes
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of third party reporting and lead development of business requirements for any new reports
- Develop and maintain clear and comprehensive guidelines for the Company on promotional and co-branded opportunities in the consumer financial services industry
- Partner with business units to develop new opportunities in the financial services space, including:
- Lead development of market assessments and modeling for potential new financial services products
- Advise internal partners on deal terms and contracting for financial services products
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (e.g. business planning & analysis, contract management, internal control and audit)
- High aptitude for understanding, analyzing and assessing financial statements
- Experience performing a range of quantitative analyses and developing pro-forma financial models
- Consistently applies sound judgment to identify issues, assess risks, and identify and implement effective controls
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through a proactive approach to problem solving
- Team player with proven ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, both within the Company and with external partners
- Good communication and writing skills, with ability to distill complex issues for an executive audience
- Detail focused while able to understand and consider the big picture
- Marketing, entertainment, account management, partnership management and promotions experience
- Prior experience in consumer financial services and/or payment products a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Credit Card Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Credit Card Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.