Manager, Franchise Management & Integrated Planning (Animation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 800162BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
For over 95 years, the Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which the Walt Disney Company was built. Today we bring quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world.
The Studio Integrated Planning team facilitates alignment for the Studio and lines of business (XLOB) across The Walt Disney Company (e.g. Disney Consumer Products, Games, Publishing, Parks & Resorts, etc.) as strategies and plans are developed in support content created by the Studio banners. The team collaborates on a global scale to maximize the value of the content while supporting the processes and priorities of internal business partners. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Integrated Planning in Burbank, CA, focusing on the Animation Studios.
Responsibilities:The Manager, Integrated Planning, is responsible for facilitating planning milestones, aligning resources, and galvanizing support for films and franchises within The Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar to maximize the value of the content.
- Lead early understanding (Mobilization) of cross-company strategies in support of Studio content for all platforms and content types
- Facilitate cross company engagement to guide early planning, XLOB alignment, tracking progress and results
- Manage key milestones and events throughout the title planning process
- Frame business issues for identifying opportunity and priorities focusing on business needs at the Studios
- Participation in team meetings including agenda solicitation, notes, and follow-ups; in addition to acting as a project manager which includes making timely decisions, taking action and using the available data to solve key issues & problems
- Partner with Studio Consumer Insights/Analytics and XLOBs for post analysis
- On-going communication across XLOBs and Franchise partners
- 3+ years of experience in entertainment or related industry
- 3+ years or more relevant experience gained from business and/or marketing planning, financial analysis and/or management consultancy
- Disney Segment experience is highly beneficial
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and interpersonal, expressing ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing and organized way
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to influence others without authority
- Ability to communicate to both creatives and executives. This includes experience presenting to all levels of staff, internal and external.
- Understands Project Management deliverables and provides guidance as needed to contribute to team success in completing deliverables
- Self-starter with strong initiative and proactive approach
- Highly organized and able to work independently – attention to detail is imperative
- Be adaptable and flexible to shifting priorities and partner needs
- Strategic thinking and ability to mine data to better understand the “big picture”
- Ability to efficiently handle a large quantity of projects and tasks simultaneously
- Problem solver with positive, can-do attitude
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.