Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Franchise ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687031BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 02, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Franchise Management & Integrated Planning facilitates alignment among the Studio and lines of business across The Walt Disney Company, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Home Entertainment, Disney Music Group), as teams develop strategies and plans in support of films and franchises from Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Films. The team collaborates on a global scale to maximize the value of these brands and respective films while supporting the processes and priorities of internal business partners.
The Manager position partners closely with the Executive Director, Franchise Management to expand and extend the reach of Live Action Disney and 20th Century FOX properties/titles across all segments of TWDC and to touch a broad base of consumers. Candidate will have excellent knowledge of the TWDC landscape. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with Director and Vice President in developing and managing ongoing strategic plans including brand strategy, franchise/property analysis and research. Contribute to multi-year Live Action portfolio strategies and maintain a long-range strategic viewpoint across new and legacy franchises with the goal of achieving financial business goals of business partners.
- Serve as day-to-day advocate and expert on behalf of brand strategy and franchise planning.
- Partner with Executive Director to garner creative and marketing alignment with key stakeholders including Theatrical Marketing and DPEP.
- Support merchandise programs and other marketing related strategies and creative submissions with an eye on brand quality assurance and theatrical marketing alignment.
- Support post-analysis as requested and elevate best-practice and process improvement recommendations
- Participate in Production Round Robins, PODs, Filmmaker Franchise 101, Legal ARO, Mobilization Creative Pitch and Strategy, and Rollout planning.
- Manage ongoing franchise process including: pitch material creation (in partnership with communications lead), franchise liaison communication (in partnership with asset manager), creative immersion set visits and set visit recordings (in partnership with asset manager), franchise analysis documents, guardrails, ideation sessions, sizzle creative briefs, rollout execution, legal clearances, screenings, Marketing Show & Tell, X-Co plan review with Marketing and Production.
- Script reading
- Manage ongoing cross-company product development (in partnership with asset manager). Continuously review and assess/guide business unit plans, digital game development, 3D product plans, and WDI concepts.
- Accountable for property brand quality assurance. Provide creative input in style guide and branding guide development as well as publishing art pools and other creative interpretations (Games, WDI, etc.).
- Drive regular meetings with cross-company partners including Marketing, Consumer Products, The Disney Store, international Franchise teams, WDI, etc.
- Liaise with Studio Production and filmmakers in the communication of strategy and franchise plans, as needed to support the collection of assets and to facilitate approvals.
- Pitch to internal (and external, as needed) partners; facilitate/lead creative deep dives.
- Act as brand steward and educator to cross-company partners who are less familiar with the material.
- Partner with Multicultural Engagement team and cultural consultants when necessary.
- Manage budget.
- Minimum 5-7 + years of experience in a brand marketing, franchise management, product development/licensing, business development or marketing role.
- Demonstrated strength in marketing competencies with particular strength in positioning and brand development.
- Previous Disney experience preferred.
- Experience and proven track record with a premier media/entertainment company or with a consumer packaged goods company preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Photoshop.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively with other executives, film makers, assistants and staff at all levels.
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or Equivalent experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.