Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, HR Business Partner (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615645BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 27, 2018
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
In this role, the Manager, HR Business Partner will contribute and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the DTCI Technology organization within the Direct to Consumer & International segment. Through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners, he or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
- Uses understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
- Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues within DTCI and across the company to better serve the business.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
- Relevant industry experience or knowledge in the technology field (preferably within a cutting edge, highly innovative environment).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.