Manager - HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712738BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Nov. 26, 2019
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources and Organization Development skills, along with exceptional consulting and partnership skills.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the client organization, key business strategies and team
- Build effective and productive partnerships with the leadership, key stakeholders and employees at all levels of the organization
- Consult with leaders on organizational and talent opportunities. Plan and implement HR talent and organization strategies and initiatives that align with the short term priorities and long term goals of Disney Channels.
- Serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies, programs and processes (e.g., compensation planning, performance management, talent planning, employee relations) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity
- Partner with all Centers of Excellence (COE) to leverage functional expertise in assessing client situations, issue identification and crafting strategic solutions (Learning & Development, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition)
- Leverage existing data, metrics and insights to support recommendations to help leaders make informed talent and organization decisions
- Collaborate with HR Director and key stakeholders to manage organizational and talent projects from inception to completion along with comprehensive change management and communication plans
- Pulse the overall organizational temperature on an ongoing basis and partner with senior leaders to problem solve team dynamic and/or any morale issues that surface
- Ensure there is an inclusive approach to all aspects of the working environment and that diversity and inclusion practices are threaded through all initiatives
- Be a trusted resource to all employees as a coach, counselor, and mentor; drive focus toward the common goals and values of Disney Channels
- Possess 7+ years of human resources experience
- 4 years in a management or human resources business partner role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR Management or equivalent
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
- Ability to think strategically and navigate matrix environments
- Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to interpret data, identify trends and recommend solutions
- Foundational knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
- Expertise in providing consultation to creative client groups
- A strong understanding of the entertainment industry
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in a related field or MBA
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.