Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770097BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 11, 2021
At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. When we grow and develop our people, we’re investing in our future. As Human Resources, we are the champions of this investment.
The Walt Disney Company’s Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results.
How do we do this? By shaping the employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By fostering leadership success and being experts in change management. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights.
In this role, the Manager, HR Business Partner will execute on human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of DMED Technology. The Manager will lead and facilitate HR programs and strategies in support of the Technology client group through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. This role will serve as a consultant to business leaders on talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
Responsibilities:How You’ll Bring the Magic to Life:
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
- Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
- Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management, as well as leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights to inform decisions
- Implement employee engagement strategies to foster an environment based on respect and values
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to HR programs such as performance management, compensation cycles, and talent management by assessing organizational performance, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
- Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
- Streamline and implement new, large-scale structures and/or processes to create speed, efficiency and agility within the organization
- Lead large-scale change management efforts around culture and process evolution
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of Human Resources programs
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
Basic Qualifications:What We’re Looking For:
- Progressive experience as an HR Business Partner with capability in strategy development, organizational design and talent management.
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to think strategically and navigate frequently-changing, fast-paced matrix environments
- Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
- Strong written and verbal communication, and ability to adjust style across a variety of stakeholders
- A balanced approach of being able to run independently while also being a team player
- Strong, agile work ethic and willingness to flex to needs of the business with a “roll-up your sleeves” approach
- Expertise in providing support to engineering and technology client groups
- Undergraduate Degree
- Master’s Degree in a related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.