Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 785078BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 03, 2021
Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The team is looking for Manager, HR Business Partner. This role will contribute to the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the Networks organization within the DMED segment.
Through collaboration and relationship building with the business executives, HR Center of Excellence teams and other HR business partners, he or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, Diversity & Inclusion, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Supports, establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization
- Manage, develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals
- Pair Diversity and Inclusion team to develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
- Coach business executives on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Understand and translate business priorities, employee insights, and external market factors to support talent strategies
- Partner within internal team to develop and execute a lifecycle, calibrated approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
- Lead and champion performance management process and system to foster an inclusive culture
- Collaborate with business leaders as well as L&D teams to leverage existing programs, and develop specific learning experiences meaningful for all employees
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close the gaps between current and future skill sets
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partner and Workforce Insights to support employee survey, review results analysis, provide recommendations and support action-planning process
- Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs and focusing on D&I initiatives
- 5-7+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results)
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues within DTCI and across the company to add value to the business
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business-partnering skills with employee advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically related to HR business plan implementation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience
- MBA or Masters in Human Resources or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.