Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 788154BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
As a forward-looking HR professional supporting this dynamic organization, you will serve as a strategic partner to your clients by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive people strategies such as: Organization Design, Talent & Performance Management, Organization & Employee Effectiveness, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Solutions. You will work closely with HR and functional partners to deliver solutions and change management plans that provide sustainable benefits.
The Manager, HRBP is based in Burbank, CA and reports to the Director, HRBP.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of your client organizations and the Studio business, as well as emerging trends in talent management and organizational dynamics across the industry
- Build effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization
- Drive people engagement strategies that align with business priorities and foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Translate near and long-term operating goals into HR strategies; initiate and implement the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to address business strategies
- Assess talent capabilities and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets
- Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies and priorities into business plans
- Build compelling presentations leveraging workforce analytics and insights to focus leaders on relevant business issues and assessing potential solutions
- Be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization
- Challenge the status quo; pursue different approaches to our work by demonstrating flexibility, nimbleness, transparency, agility and global thinking
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, organization development, or related talent planning field
- You position yourself as credible. You garner respect, act with integrity, and keep commitments.
- You are proactive. You have a point of view, challenge assumptions, and take initiative.
- You are a trusted thought-partner. You build relationships and delivers results.
- You are a proven self-starter. You see the big picture but handle the details with ease.
- You can manage multiple client groups and prioritize complex projects in a fast-paced and high volume, matrixed environment
- You are an effective consultant. You build awareness on key organizational issues, as well as consensus for relevant solutions. You guide stakeholders to drive org improvement and change.
- You maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall Studio needs.
- You manage and thrive within ambiguity.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.