Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 840095BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
We are looking for a HR business partner to join the Disney HR team to support the Platform Distribution organization. This HR Business Partner will be supporting the business to deliver against their business objectives. A key focus of the role is managing a professional, effective and proactive relationship with the business by understanding their key business drivers and priorities and providing an effective interface with the Centre’s of Excellence to help the achievement of these. The successful candidate will be a team player contributing to a collaborative team of HR business partners where key learnings are shared to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
This HR Manager will specifically support our incredible Disney Music Group which is home to Walt Disney Records, Hollywood Records, Disney Concerts, Disney Music Publishing and Buena Vista Records. Brands include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Disney+, National Geographic, 20th Century Studios, Lucasfilm, Searchlight Pictures, Star, Disney Channel, Hulu, FX, ABC, Freeform and ESPN. DMG is home to soundtracks of the biggest movies and TV shows in the world, including but not limited to “Frozen,” “The Lion King,” “Aladdin,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the “Star Wars” franchise, “Avengers: Endgame,” “Black Panther,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” and the upcoming film soundtracks “Eternals,” “Encanto” and “West Side Story.” Our artist roster includes those such as Andy Grammer, AREA21, Queen, DCappella, Sofia Carson, Olivia Holt, The Undefeated, and more!
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of your client organizations and the Studio business, as well as emerging trends in talent management and organizational dynamics across the industry.
- Build effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Drive people engagement strategies that align with business priorities and foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Translate near and long-term operating goals into HR strategies; initiate and implement the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to address business strategies.
- Assess talent capabilities and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies and priorities into business plans.
- Build compelling presentations leveraging workforce analytics and insights to focus leaders on relevant business issues and assessing potential solutions.
- Be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization.
- Challenge the status quo; pursue different approaches to our work by demonstrating flexibility, nimbleness, transparency, agility and global thinking.
- Proactively engage with the Centers of Excellent to obtain specialist advice and facilitate value add solutions to your client groups. The key Centers of Excellence are:
- Employee Relations
- Global HR Operations
- Learning and Development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Information Systems
- Active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and supporting HR initiatives and projects as required.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, organization development, or related talent planning field
- You position yourself as credible. You garner respect, act with integrity, and keep commitments.
- You are proactive. You have a point of view, challenge assumptions, and take initiative.
- You are a trusted thought-partner. You build relationships and deliver results.
- You are a proven self-starter. You see the big picture but handle the details with ease.
- You can manage multiple client groups and prioritize complex projects in a fast-paced and high volume, matrixed environment
- You are an effective consultant. You build awareness on key organizational issues, as well as consensus for relevant solutions. You guide stakeholders to drive org improvement and change.
- You maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall DMED needs.
- You manage and thrive within ambiguity.
- Proven track record of managing client relationships - significant experience operating at HR professional and managing clients at Director-level and above
- Proven experience of significant change management/OD experience
- Ability to quickly develop organizational savvy, political navigation and sensitivity
- High level of personal credibility and ability to engage with the business and to exercise sound judgement
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or equivalent experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.