Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069046 Location Burbank, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 10, 2023
We are looking for a Manager, HR Business Partner who will contribute to defining and implementing a Human Resource strategy which aligns and integrates with the business’s strategy and objectives. This role will support a client group within Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology. We're excited to meet the ideal candidate who will have a combination of strong business intelligence, Human Resources and Organization Development expertise, and advisory skills!
As a forward-looking business partner, the Manager will serve as a strategic partner to executive business leaders. They will work closely with HR Center of Excellence teams (e.g., Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations) and functional partners (e.g., Finance, Communications) to proactively assess business performance and develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The Manager will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management, and talent planning) to optimize employee engagement and productivity
What You Will Do
- Support, establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal partners and clients, at all levels of the organization
- Manage, develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals
- Partner with Diversity and Inclusion team to develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development, and retention.
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
- Coach business executives on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Understand and translate business priorities, employee insights, and external market factors to support talent strategies.
- Partner within internal team to develop and carry out a lifecycle, calibrated approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business goals.
- Lead and champion performance management process and system to foster an inclusive culture
- Collaborate with business leaders as well as L&D teams to use existing programs, and develop specific learning experiences important for all employees.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close the gaps between current and future skills and abilities.
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partner and Workforce Insights to support employee survey, review results analysis, provide recommendations and support action-planning process.
- Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs and focusing on D&I initiatives.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team member aligned with the assigned client group. As a manager on the HRBP team, they will play a pivotal role in fostering a positive and productive work relationship, as well as providing guidance and support for the individual's professional growth and performance.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a ever-changing environment.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Proven experience in leading others (directly or indirectly), with a track record of effectively coaching and developing employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues within Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology and across the company to make valuable contributions to the business.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business-partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically related to HR business plan implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience
- MBA or Masters or equivalent experience in Human Resources or related field preferred
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $129,000 to $165,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.