Manager, Infrastructure Operations SAP BasisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627065BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 10, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Application Support and Operations group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automation.
We look to add team members who are focused on delivery, passionate about customer service, make data-driven decisions, are life-long learners, and prefer to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
The Manager, Application Infrastructure Operations is a technology leader, passionate about operating and delivering enterprise-class services. This role requires a commitment to operational excellence, service management and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a strong command of infrastructure architecture, a passion for problem solving, strong relationships skills, application development experience and the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally. This role will provide day to day management and oversight of Application Infrastructure team, supporting 200+ applications across Global Finance, HR and various Corporate functions.
The supported areas include:
- SAP BASIS
- AIX, Linux and WinTel servers
- XaaS & on-premise hosting
- Application Performance Management & Monitoring
- Database Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Managing team members and vendors to deliver 24 x 7 technical support, resolving infrastructure issues, optimizing services and ensuring the availability and performance of critical business systems
- Implementing a shared SAP BASIS organization, leverging best practices to optimize efficiency across the portfolio
- Establishing a technology refresh roadmap, with visibility into future technology inflection points and budgetary requirements
- Providing quality and timely resolution of defects/ problems & addressing service requests through the use of service management.
- Running an agile-based request management workflow, focused on maximizing velocity, improving quality and reducing backlog.
- Partnering with Business & Solution Architects to identify opportunities for improved customer service, increased agility and availability.
- Working with multiple vendor/partners to deliver existing services against Key Performance Indicators, managing performance against contractual terms and identifying new / rationalizing existing services.
- Ensuring Service Operations, Knowledge Management, Continuous Improvement, Service Level & Availability Management are operationalized across the team.
- Developing and guiding direct reports by providing career path conversations and mentoring, helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans.
- 5+ years successfully leading an enterprise infrastructure team, with focus on business applications.
- 3+ year managing SAP BASIS and at least one of the following:
- 3+ years managing cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years managing outsourced solution providers, including contract negotiations, on-going operations and performance management
- Must have extensive knowledge of SAP BASIS
- Must have extensive knowledge of SAP Solution Manager
- Must have extensive knowledge in DevOps
- Must have extensive skills in infrastructure management and demonstrated abilities to troubleshoot within complex systems
- Must have practitioner-level skills in performance management, from application through infrastructure
- Must have practitioner-level skills in Service Management principles, practices, and procedures.
- ITIL Practitioner/Intermediate
- A self-starter, who is capable of navigating a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management.
- Ability to establish some executive and many manager level relationships across the various business and technology providers within TWDC.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- A person that can decide and act within the policies and guidelines and seeks guidance from leadership for areas of differentiation.
- A proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver against the Product roadmap ensuring the desired outcomes are tied to business needs.
- Technical acumen and experience in sustaining infrastructure technologies which support critical business functions across: Finance, HR, Supply Chain, and numerous Corporate functions.
- Practical application of processes and technologies that manage global systems processes including integration with up/downstream systems.
- A “working IT manager” who gets into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and cross functional teams.
- Equally comfortable with senior manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to managing people and detail.
- Ability to identify and marshal resources (people, funding, support) to get projects initiated and completed.
- Ability to influence a significant transformation in the business technology platforms.
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to agile application development principles and ability to lead a team of support analysts in the development of capability roadmaps.
- Extensive knowledge the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed.
- A practitioner of the Service Management and Agile Development principles and can effectively proceed through review boards and other activities.
- Experience with SAP HANA is highly beneficial
- Experience supporting AIX is beneficial
- ServiceNow expertise is highly desirable
- Expertise in industry leading Application Performance Management solutions is highly desireable
- Experience establishing a CI / CD environment is highly desireable
- Experience with SAP CHaRM is highly desireable
- SAP Certifications in Solution Manager
- SAP Certifications in BASIS
- ITIL Expert
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field
- MBA or Masters in a technical field would be beneficial
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.