Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, International FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678206BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 13, 2019
Job Summary:The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will work within the Studio’s International FP&A function which is part of the Studio Entertainment segment of The Walt Disney Company. The Manager will report to the Director, International FP&A and will work closely with the Vice President, stakeholders across the Studio, and key finance leads in international regions.
This position plays a key role within International Studio FP&A. The Manager will lead the group’s review and consolidation of the International P&L statements for budgets and forecasts including the review of data integrity in our SAP and COGNOS TM1 data-cubes, by-title profitability reporting and consolidate and analyze Studio cause-of-change analyses. This position offers a great opportunity to work across the various film distribution platforms and also provides exposure to a number of teams in Corporate and DTCI segments.
- Manage the Studio P&L consolidation process at each budget and forecast, including:
- Review all key reporting including consolidated cause of change analyses, by-title profitability, and Profit by Product line for Studio senior management
- Work closely with international regions’ finance teams to understand key drivers of change and underlying risks and opportunities
- Communicate key drivers of results to Studio senior management and DCTI partners
- Review and distribute supporting documentation to DTCI and Corporate FP&A
- Perform ad-hoc analysis at the request of Studio senior management
- Work closely with the COGNOS TM1 development team to drive efficiencies and improve reporting across the Studio
- Develop staff through feedback and talent planning
- Produce weekly Studio performance reporting for senior management
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including macros)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues, and succinctly present to senior management
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Ability to drive and implement process improvements across key activities
- Ability to lead and develop teams in a fast paced and inclusive environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- SAP and COGNOS TM1 experience is a plus
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while keeping leaders properly informed
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance preferred)
- MBA, preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.