Manager, Learning & Talent SolutionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 822564BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
This role serves on our L&D leadership team and supports the learning delivery strategy and execution across DGE for both in-person and virtual delivery, marketing, and measurement. The position will work closely with HR Business Partners (HRBPs), leaders and employees in accessing and delivering key programs, processes and services for which our team is responsible. This person will partner with clients/businesses and be responsible for understanding and assessing business goals, identifying performance gaps, and developing strategies and solutions that close the gaps and drive impact.
- Design and facilitate engaging workshops for managerial & professional audiences including courses on management skills and diversity & inclusion initiatives
- Be knowledgeable about L&D products, services and initiatives, and serve as point of contact for HRBPs, leaders and employees.
- Develop relationships and in-depth understanding across DGE businesses, especially the businesses and client groups aligned to this role, and serve as trusted advisor to HR and business leaders related to all areas of development
- Assess needs, develop, and execute learning strategies that improve performance and build engagement across businesses and teams
- Assess team effectiveness and design/facilitate team work sessions to enhance team performance and relationships
- Ability to represent DGE to the larger Center of Excellence (COE) community
- Apply learning theory/models, leverage or benchmark best practices/trends, and maintain knowledge of cutting-edge approaches in order to deliver contemporary performance-based learning solutions that drive measureable, lasting impact. Champion 70-20-10.
- Ability to lead and influence others in the development, planning and execution of key programs or initiatives
- Invest in developing members of the Learning team by partnering on projects, coaching, and providing feedback
- Ability to effectively and pragmatically apply learning approaches and frameworks to meet business and stakeholder needs
- Strong business acumen and a track record of successfully partnering with HR and business leaders with strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem-solving skills and ability to tailor solutions to meet the needs of diverse businesses and learners
- Leverage project management and leadership skills to facilitate complex work and maintain stakeholder alignment, project plans and timelines
- Develop and deliver strategies and programs in collaboration with HR and business leaders that drive impact, engagement and performance; ability to use data to demonstrate value and impact
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across a matrixed organization and follow-through on commitments. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple demands, think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to facilitate highly complex, dynamic and interactive content while adapting approach and style to a variety of audiences and learning preferences
- Able to take multiple and complex inputs and concepts and distill into simple, relevant and executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, easy-to-execute and drive impact
- Experience working in fast-paced environments where multiple projects is the norm
- Strong instructional design capabilities for both in-person and virtual offerings, with ability to create and balance on-demand learning
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and storytelling skills; must be capable of communicating information to diverse audiences
- High degrees of initiative and creativity
- Television/media industry experience or experience working in a Fortune 100 company with creative talent
- Certification in individual or team assessments
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Human Resources Management, Instructional Design & Curriculum Development, Psychology, Consulting, Training and Curriculum Development, Communications, or related field
- Advanced Degree – MA/MS in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Development, Instructional Systems Design or related field; MBA
- Formal certification/education/experience in performance consulting, applying ADDIE or related learning models, adult development theory, or curriculum development desired
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.