Manager, Legal ParticipationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 800026BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jun. 02, 2021
- Gather and provide the Audit team with necessary legal documentation for disclosure during the audit process.
- Draft, review and revise Confidentiality Agreements at all stages of the audit.
- Manage and move forward a variety of legal matters in connection with each television series that has completed audit fieldwork.
- Work closely and on a daily basis with colleagues on the Audit team to determine and locate missing information that is required to analyze audit claims and strategize responses.
- Review underlying legal documentation relevant to each audit and advise the team of risks and potential liabilities related to participation matters.
- Draft, review and revise audit settlement agreements upon conclusion of negotiations.
- Manage communication with and document production for all matters sent to outside counsel.
- Populate and manage central databases of Disney and Fox participation practices as well as recurring legal arguments relevant to Fox and Disney audit issues.
- Track the status of multiple audits and multiple participants and update the team of required next steps.
- At least 3+ years of experience in Legal Affairs or Participations in the television or streaming industry.
- Knowledge of contractual issues handled by studio business and legal affairs.
- Experience with contingent compensation.
- Experience in negotiating with talent representatives (agents and lawyers) across the industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all professional levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience in production legal or Participations at a television studio.
- Experience with backend participation television audits.
- Experience with accounting related to participations.
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree (BA)
Preferred EducationJD, preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.