Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Marketing Partnerships (6 month Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 652296BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 02, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Manager, Marketing Partnerships Sales will be an integral part of the marketing partnerships team that will handle all Walt Disney Studios films. This position will support the Sales team (Theatrical and Home Entertainment) from initial concept, to pitching and thru execution of promotional window. They should be highly motivated, detail oriented and able to act as a liaison between the sales team and the execution team to ensure that all deals are managed appropriately and with excellence.
This is a 6 month project hire role eligible for benefits and perks.
- Manages and maintains a database of Prospective companies for Partnerships.
- Manages and enhances relationships with third party promotional partners.
- Maintains Existing Partner Accounts and Relationships
- Analyzes and reports progress against yearly performance goals
- Constantly engaged with the latest ad, digital, and promotions tactics
- Analyzes media spend and provides insight to the team.
- Disseminates key information points about each deal that the sales team executes to appropriate individuals.
- Brainstorms incremental business opportunities and pitches to new and existing promotional partners.
- Manages contract implementation with the execution team, reviews deal points and oversees contract administration.
- Works with cross Disney divisions on key promotional opportunities.
- Manages competitive reviews.
- Assists with the development of partnership presentations and work with Creative Manager on development of sales and execution materials to assist teams on key initiatives.
- Analyzes past promotions and makes recommendations based on trends and key learning’s.
- Works with appropriate creative entities to provide assets for partner needs.
- Works with the execution team to review all promotional materials (TV/radio, print, POP, internet, premiums) with partner and help with providing Disney feedback. Remove internet. Add in digital and social. Remove Premiums.
- May travel to partner locations to assist with sales presentations and execution deals.
- Helps to secure partner approvals as items are developed.
- Identifies and presents opportunities for participation with other Disney divisions (tied to the release being promoted).
- Reviews with existing accounts any new corporate initiatives or new product launches which could present an opportunity for a tie-in promotion.
- Strategizes on key promotional opportunities that may arise based on thematic link between the property and partner’s brand, appropriate target audience, and favorable timing between the release date of the property and the key selling period for the partner.
- Acquires fundamental knowledge of partner’s business category, products, their particular company, and its competition.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.