Manager, Marketing StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 831170BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Marketing Strategy.
- In partnership with the VP of Marketing Strategy, initiate and support aspects of early marketing strategy/positioning/campaign timing; ensure all day-to-day campaign elements align with overarching campaign goals (including box office and platform expectations).
- Generate, maintain, and share key campaign documents to ensure alignment across the marketing department. From developing marketing milestones and creating filmmaker presentations, to curating marketing highlights and executive reports, these communication devices are critical to the higher-level functioning of the team.
- Present campaign strategy and marketing updates to key partners, vendors and at cross-company department meetings
- Ensure integration and consistent messaging and tie-ins across all marketing departments and activities in a given period – threading marketing messages across platforms.
- Pro-actively generate big picture thinking and seek out innovative approaches to campaigns across teams.
- Manage creative deadlines and coordinate debuts across platforms, requiring detailed project management.
- Facilitate and ensure all necessary approvals on marketing elements, with the ability to ensure consistent creative and messaging, champion marketing executions and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Seek, identify and execute process and communication improvements to align the various divisions within Studio Marketing behind a focused strategy for our films; identify areas for improvement and work with teams to drive greater efficiency.
- Opportunity to manage external agencies and execute specialty campaigns as needed including, but not limited to, cause marketing, educational materials, event/stunt executions.
- Experience creating and executing campaigns in the entertainment field
- Experience interfacing with executives and creatives (e.g. filmmakers)
- Advanced presentation skills
- High level capacity to be a strong communicator, collaborator and influencer across teams
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in a fast-paced creative environment
OTHER RELATED REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to thrive and work effectively in an extremely fast-paced and highly matrix organization
- Possess advanced knowledge of Keynote and Power Point with high proficiency in Mac iOS
- Strong creative sensibilities, think innovatively and be willing to take risks
- Courageous and willing to speak up and share opinions
- Extremely collaborative, proactive and resourceful
- Have meticulous attention to detail and great follow-up skills
- Bring value building and being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization
Preferred Qualifications:5+ years prior experience marketing with focus on theatrical or marquee streaming content
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.