Manager, MasteringApply NowApply Later Job ID 780770BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Manager, Mastering leads mastering work required to create new Production Masters, and repair existing Production Masters for Global distribution. Leading a team of direct reports, the Manager, Mastering is focused on standardizing workloads and procedures within the department, enhancing departmental efficiencies, and workflows between teams. The person in this role will collaborate with outside vendors, production groups and Global counterparts to promote communication and understanding of overall policies and practices.
- Manage schedules, logistics, target dates and delivery of material for distribution including preliminary and interim materials
- Perform analysis of Walt Disney intellectual properties (ABC Signature, Freeform, Branded Television, ESPN, acquisitions and Disney+) to guarantee compliance for worldwide dubbing
- Review video and audio to ensure it adheres to regulations, guidelines, and operational requirements
- Manage staff, including communication of changes, covering absences, conducting training sessions and making decisions
- Maintaining databases information, budgets, purchase orders, invoices and payments
- Support and collaborate with Leadership by providing alternate solutions to promote efficiency and cost savings
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, oral, schedule, mathematical or diagram form & deal with several abstract & concrete variables
- Works effectively with departmental colleagues on a cross-functional, cross-regional and cross-territory basis. Conducting web database training/support when needed
- All other duties as assigned by Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least 7 years of previous and relevant experience, either directly in the Digital Delivery supply chain, or in a role with overlapping and related responsibilities
- At least 2 years of managing the performance and delivery of others, either through direct or indirect reporting relationships
- Strong knowledge of technical developments within television production and distribution
- Able to manage strategic volume targets with vendors and escalate technical and billing issues through the corporate hierarchy
- Strong understanding of end-to-end mastering & sub-mastering process. Ability to apply knowledge of mastering costs, preferred vendors, duration of mastering activities etc. & is able to evaluate mastering work from a quality perspective
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of Disney databases – Zeus, SAP, WMLS, Jellyroll and Media Monorail, Wonderland and BOLT
- Knowledge of Arkena, Signiant, and Aspera
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.