Manager, Media Strategy (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 790501BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 14, 2021
As a Manager you will be expected to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, work independently and demonstrate initiative. The person in the position should be prepared to flex both their creative and analytical muscles.
Ultimately, this role plays an active part in helping drive ratings, digital views, revenue and results for our paid media investment
- Acts as the key liaison with our media agency for ABC Entertainment. Helps to manage the agency representatives and provides briefing information and general guidance as plans are developed.
- Reviews plan submissions from the agency with marketing teams, provides feedback, and then submits them for approval to department management
- Provides new and unique thinking to ensure our media strategy is best in class.
- Collaborates during media plan development of all campaigns
- Ensures the execution of various media elements, per the agreed upon plan strategy, and focuses on management of essential details and information flow.
- Works closely with Marketing teams, Director of Media on all campaign elements
- Manages vendor relationships for ABC Entertainment.
- Experience working in a media-related field at media/broadcast company or media agency.
- Must have Offline Media Experience working in Cable, Out Of Home (OOH), & Radio. Digital experience a plus.
- Must have a passion for media and entertainment.
- Should have finger on the pulse of media trends.
- Analytical as well as creative/conceptual thinker
- Passionate about pop culture and TV/Media
- Can demonstrate ability to follow directions and take ownership of assignments to completion
- Must work well under deadline pressure and exhibit ability to be a strong team player
- Highly organized with attention to detail & strong grammar skills
- Professional phone manner and strong inter-personal people skills
- Must have a positive and can-do attitude
- Must be team-oriented
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a media related field
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- College degree in Media or related field preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.