Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 662242BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 30, 2019
Job Summary:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
The Media Manager for the Walt Disney Studios Marketing Team will develop and guide strategic insights in the planning and execution of media plans with a strong core in digital plan development & analytics. They are a team player and will work closely with the VP Media and their fellow Media Manager across assigned titles and managing agency relationships. This position will partner closely with the broader Media team, Research, Publicity, Digital Marketing, In-Home Product & Marketing teams and our partners across other Disney business segments.
- Partner with the In-Home Marketing team to develop campaign strategies and effective/efficient Media plans
- Oversee all aspects of Media planning from initial strategy through execution for assigned titles
- Analyze consumer behavior and trends to devise strategies that address the rapidly changing marketplace
- Manage advertising agency to deliver impactful Media plans that drive awareness & achieve sales goals
- Must possess a talent for multi-tasking while managing several titles at different stages of a campaign
- Develop paid media campaign strategies that deliver on key KPIs across all media types (TV, Digital, Radio, etc)
- Present forward thinking, data-driven media recommendations that drive the business forward
- Identify and develop opportunities to leverage 1st party data and potential close loop attribution
- Effectively guide our advertising agency to deliver plans on extremely tight deadlines
- Work seamlessly with internal teams to ensure plans are completed and creative is delivered on time
- Monitor plan daily and have an ability to pivot quickly to last minute changes
- Able to work in fast paced environment and attention to detail is critical throughout the entire campaign
- Ability to analyze plans daily/weekly and bring forth actionable insights
- Works with agencies and internal teams to ensure desired creative materials fit intended media placements
- Meet with vendors to stay on top of new ad products and share learnings with team members
- Liaison between the media department and other internal departments within the marketing organization, including promotions, publicity, digital marketing, integrated synergy, research and retail teams
- Identify both internal and external media partners for synergistic promotional opportunities
- Review media schedules, post analysis and digital analytics to develop key learnings that can be applied to future titles
- Oversee overall campaign performance reporting and analytics for real time optimization and learning
- Maintain strong relationships with media sales community
- Outstanding communication skills, written and oral
- Candidate should demonstrate strong media planning and buying knowledge and be familiar with emerging media and new technology platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as a collaborative team player
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years relevant experience, strong digital background preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.