Manager, Member Growth & RetentionApply NowApply Later Job ID 10004082 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. The DMED Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team is responsible for creating a best in class experience for our most engaged movie fans. We leverage the widely recognized and beloved brands of the Walt Disney Studios to create a direct relationship with our fans, and in turn, to drive business objectives by providing our stakeholders with insights on consumer behavior and preferences. Its primary avenue for meeting these goals is Disney Movie Insiders, the premier engagement platform for all Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Star Wars, select Fox releases and more.
The Manager, Member Growth & Retention is responsible for the strategic planning, mobilization and execution of full-stack marketing initiatives that will grow the program member base and efficiently drive engagement and incremental purchases across online and offline channels. They will have primary ownership of migrating leads from the top of the funnel through conversion, with a particular focus on increasing representation of multicultural and millennial & Gen Z audiences. This role will manage budgets, work closely with the CRM title planning team and the Manager, Member Experience & Rewards on developing strategies and evergreen campaigns focused on driving top-of-funnel awareness, conversion/program enrollment, member activation and retention. This role will report to the Director, CRM.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Build, execute and optimize holistic acquisition and lifecycle strategies that drive new acquisitions and fuel loyalty across key phases in the member lifecycle, including awareness, conversion, adoption, activation and retention.
- Create strategies and campaigns to increase enrollment & engagement across opportunity segments, including multicultural audiences and millennials.
- Collaborate with Manager, Member Rewards & Experience and CRM title planning in developing promotions, content and experiences that support key business objectives in driving member growth, purchases and engagement.
- Direct management of two Digital Marketing Specialists. Provide strategic guidance and align expectations for developing and supporting program objectives across across email, push notifications, display, organic & paid social, SEO, SEM, referral programs and other relevant channels.
- Oversight of business relationship with digital media agency of record, with campaign execution & support provided by Digital Marketing Specialist and CRM Analytics.
- Oversight of business relationship with email & mobile production vendor, with campaign execution & support provided by Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Plan Disney Movie Insiders presence at field activations and industry events focused on promoting overall platform awareness (e.g. D23, Essence Festival).
- Perform ongoing campaign analysis and multi-variate tests that will shape future business decisions, with a particular focus on improving the quality of leads and driving member lifetime value.
- Work closely with the CRM Analytics and DMED Research on robust measurement plans to track progress across major KPIs and to enable improvement with actionable insights. Identify opportunities to gain a better understanding of who our customers are, to enrich our first party consumer data and to deliver personalized experiences that increase engagement, rewards redemption, spend and lifetime value.
- Allocate annual acquisition and lifecycle budgets across channels and campaigns, optimizing for cost per acquisition, new registrations, member lifetime value and member retention.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Min of 5 years relevant work experience in customer acquisition marketing, performance marketing or growth marketing, ideally in a loyalty program or subscription marketing capacity.
- Ability to define and scale omni-channel acquisitions and lifecycle strategies.
- Prior relevant industry experience with direct consumer relationships as a core pillar of responsibilities, probably in e-commerce or online media with expertise in conversion, optimization, performance marketing and testing
- Track record of being able to use data as a key part of delivering value to consumers. Can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from data and socialize actionable insights to team and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify the metrics to drive success, measure KPIs and distill complex concepts into simple messages
- Experience presenting creative campaigns, metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- Excellent communication, collaboration and planning skills. Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams, driving initiatives to completion and delivering meaningful results on time and on budget.
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Results-driven with the ability to anticipate needs. Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs.
- Passionate about the development and growth of team members and ensuring that diverse points of view are considered in all decision-making.
- Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and presentation skills
- Technical: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote
- Knowledgeable about different forms of attribution and how to apply them to cross-channel optimization and testing
- Strong passion for digital marketing
- Prior experience working with creative teams to guide a creative strategy and provide meaningful feedback
- Experience in leading engagement campaigns for digital products or for filmed content
- Prior experience in influencer marketing
- Technical: Abode Creative Suite
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.