Manager, Multicultural Audience EngagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731429BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 05, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Would you like to be part of a team that collaborates to create the most inclusive content and stories in the movie industry? As a Multicultural Audience Engagement Manager, you will be part of a groundbreaking team that strategically partners with all lines of business to enable the most inclusive content and creative culture. You will consult with leaders and teams across our film, music and theatrical businesses to strengthen the studio brand with diverse audiences, consumers and industry partners.
This role works with the Director, D&I Market to create and deliver strategies that drive multicultural consumer acquisition and engagement for the Walt Disney Studios businesses and acts as a resource to align company-wide and Studio initiatives to meet business objectives. This role also grows the Studio knowledge-base around multicultural audiences and consumers.
Responsibilities:Every day on the Multicultural Audience Engagement team is unique, on any given day you might:
- Culturally advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure our content is culturally accurate, authentic, and inclusive
- Manage third-party consultants who advise on content, consumer strategy, and more
- Act as a resource to initiate and drive business opportunities that align multicultural consumer insights with business objectives
- Help create a scalable framework to make sure our content is accurate and authentic from greenlight to screen
- Build strong relationships across our Studios and brands: Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Theatrical Group, Disney Music Group, 20th Century Studio, Searchlight Studio, and BlueSky Animation
- Manage multicultural franchise strategies across Studio businesses and ensure alignment between The Walt Disney Company and Studio efforts
- Manage consultants and forums to discuss common opportunities, challenges and best practices across Studio businesses
- Collaborate with the Integrated Planning and Franchise Management team to drive cultural processes through project lifecycle, including but not limited to consultancy feedback, community engagement, etc.
- Track and share data on inclusion goals
- Build industry talent lists of producers, directors, and writers for our studios and brands
- Evaluate upcoming projects and slate for cultural engagement opportunities (guiding partners to evaluate opportunities across the spectrum of representation)
- Drive film/episodic title specific community engagement efforts and partnerships
- Regularly work at or travel to the 20th Century Studio (Century City, CA) and Disney (Burbank, CA) lot
- 4-5 years of creative development and/or production experience (or similar experience), preferably within the Studio or related creative environment
- Keen understanding of the creative filmmaking process and ability to provide creative feedback on projects in pre-production and development, ensuring representation and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities
- Proven ability to develop and execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
- Broad understanding of Film & Entertainment Industry
- Strategic thinker with superior collaboration skills
- Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
- Can easily evaluate external partners and understands their strengths and weaknesses
- Strong external/industry network of multicultural resources to leverage in educating team and advancing work
- Ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders across various disciplines
- Experience with campaigns or business development strategies for key consumer groups including women, Latinx, African Americans, Asian Americans, Native/Indigenous community, people with disabilities, LGBQT, and others
- International work experience, especially as it pertains to diversity and inclusion
- Available for evening and weekend events
- A passion for diversity, equality, and inclusion
- BA/BS Degree or Comparable Work Experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.