Manager, Music LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 800033BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 21, 2021
Responsibilities:Responsible for reviewing, drafting, negotiating and approving all agreements and licenses relating to the use of pre-existing musical compositions and recordings in feature films/direct-to-consumer releases and promotional/marketing materials in all media throughout the world; making payments for those uses to all licensors; and updating and negotiating language to establish boilerplates with all licensors (music publishers, record labels, music libraries and studios). Work closely with the music clearance staff and act as a liaison between them, our attorneys and our outside licensors for the rights they've requested and ensure a timely follow-up. Draft, negotiate and review short “work for hire” music agreements and amendments.
- Minimum 3-5 years of significant relevant music industry experience. Experience with a major studio, music publisher or record company reviewing, drafting and negotiating music licenses, cue sheets and other music documents for all manner of exploitation is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, take initiative and maintain attention to detail while maintaining professionalism under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and follow through on numerous projects.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Capable of managing changing priorities and deadline pressure during heavy work periods that may require late hours.
- Fast learner and a strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other office-related software.
- BA or BS degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.