Manager - Music Rights, Licensing (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 781702BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
Music licensing tasks include supporting the ABC Network On-Air Promotions team as well as General Hospital, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Affiliate Stations and others throughout the clearance and licensing process. The candidate will be responsible for all areas of music licensing: researching copyright ownership, negotiating publishing and master recording rights, reviewing licensing agreements, administering payments and tracking the process from start to finish. The ideal candidate will have established contacts within the music industry and excellent negotiation and people skills. The candidate will be extremely detail oriented and also able to work quickly under pressure. The Promotions division’s deadlines are often very short; therefore, the candidate must be able to work quickly and carefully and handle a high volume of clearances/licenses. Candidate must also be able to assist clients in finding suitable alternatives when songs are denied, or licensing fees exceed the established music budget. The candidate will coordinate with others in the Rights and Clearances, Business and Legal Affairs, and Finance departments among others. The candidate must have experience negotiating licensing terms with publishers and record labels.
- Work independently throughout the clearance and licensing process,
- responsible for all areas of music licensing: researching copyright ownership, negotiating publishing and master recording rights, reviewing licensing agreements, administering payments and tracking the process from start to finish.
- Knowledge of music production libraries and a broad knowledge of all genres of music is required along with an ability to communicate effectively with staff of all levels.
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work overtime, and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Pro-active, forward thinking
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent negotiation and people skills (Must have experience negotiating deals with major labels and publishers, indie labels and publishers, production libraries and individuals)
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and MS Office (Excel and advanced Word skills)
- Familiarity with cue sheets
- Interest and knowledge of both commercial music and production libraries
- Minimum 5 yeras of music licensing experience
- The ideal candidate will have established contacts within the music industry
- Desire to learn more, interest in new technology
- High School diploma plus music industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
About General Entertainment Content:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.