Manager, Organization Development & Talent ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 796999BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
At Disney, we are passionate about our amazing talent and in this role will help shape and implement strategies that will help us develop and retain high-performing employees through cutting-edge talent management programs.
- Lead efforts to create a culture of career through Talent Management strategies.
- Lead the evaluation and enhancement of the Performance Management process to ensure clarity of expectations, exceptional delivery of high-quality feedback, and meaningful outcomes following performance conversations.
- Collaborate with Diversity & Inclusion partners to leverage talent management efforts to increase our diverse representation and inclusion efforts.
- Support the development of talent planning and calibration best practices, succession plans and targeted development plans for successors and other high potential talent.
- Be the point person for 360 Assessments within the US and across the regions.
- Continue efforts to foster a culture of quality conversations to ensure employees are continuously giving and receiving feedback, having ongoing career discussions to maximize their performance and potential.
- Be knowledgeable about talent and learning products, services and initiatives, and serve as point of contact for HR Business Partners, leaders and employees in specific businesses or geographies.
- Apply talent and organizational development theory/models, leverage or benchmark best practices/trends, and maintain knowledge of cutting-edge approaches in order to deliver performance-based solutions that drive measurable, lasting impact.
- Partner with Enterprise Talent Solutions partner for future HR system implementations and integrations.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, talent management and/or organizational development.
- Strong business acumen and a track record of successfully partnering with HR, D&I and business leaders.
- Ability to project manage, drive work to deadlines, engage stakeholders and follow up on outstanding items.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple demands.
- Team player and strong collaborator both within Talent, Development & Inclusion team
- Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and storytelling skills; must be capable of communicating information to diverse audiences.
- High degrees of initiative and creativity.
- Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem-solving skills and ability to tailor solutions to meet the needs of diverse businesses and learners.
- Able to take multiple and complex inputs and concepts and distill into simple, relevant and executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, easy-to-execute and drive impact.
- Proven experience consulting (contracting, needs analysis, and action planning) and tailoring the approach to meet the needs of clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (i.e. emails, presentations).
- Ability to move fast and work in a fluid, dynamic and complex environment.
- Familiar with talent and performance management processes and systems (i.e. D Achieve, Success Factors, Workday).
- Familiar with talent planning and performance calibration concepts (i.e. succession, PTW, etc.).
- Ideally already familiar with or on a Project Vista or Work Day (for internal posting only).
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.